Denver Car Accident Lawyer
If you got injured in a car accident that was another driver’s fault, you may want to get in touch with a car accident lawyer in Denver, CO. You deserve to be compensated for your losses. The Law Offices of Cliff Enten can help you bring a claim and protect your legal rights.
Common Types of Car Accidents
Car accidents can range from mild to severe. Here are the most common types of car accidents that occur on Colorado roadways.
- Head-on collision. Just like the name suggests, a head-on collision occurs when the front end of one vehicle hits the front end of another vehicle. There is extreme force in these types of accidents, so they are more likely to result in severe injuries and fatalities than other car accidents.
- T-bone accident. This type of car accident can result when the front of one vehicle crashes into the side of another vehicle. T-bone accidents most commonly occur when drivers don’t yield or fail to stop at intersections.
- Rear-end accident. A rear-end collision happens when one vehicle hits the back of another vehicle. These accidents are more likely to happen when a motorist follows the vehicle in front too closely. If the vehicle in front stops suddenly, the rear driver won’t have enough time and space to hit the brakes.
- Multi-vehicle accident. These accidents most frequently occur on crowded highways. Because there are so many drivers involved in these accidents, determining fault can be trickier. That is why it is especially important to have a skilled car accident lawyer in Denver, CO on your side.
Denver Car Accident Law Infographic
How to Maximize Your Car Accident Settlement
If you suffered injuries in a car accident that wasn’t your fault, you understandably want to be fairly compensated. Here are a few ways to maximize your car accident settlement.
- Take photos of the car accident scene, including all the vehicles involved in the crash, skid marks on the road and traffic signs.
- Seek immediate medical care and follow your doctor’s recommended treatment plan.
- Don’t accept the other driver’s insurance company’s first settlement offer, as it likely won’t cover all of your losses.
- Write in a journal about how the symptoms you’re experiencing and how the injury has affected your life.
- Hire an experienced car accident lawyer to help you pursue your case.
Schedule a consultation with a car accident lawyer in Denver, CO today to discuss your case in detail.
If you have recently been involved in a car accident, a top-rated car accident lawyer Denver, Co residents turn to will be able to help you. Having legal assistance during this difficult time can be incredibly helpful if you hope to obtain compensation that you deserve. They will stay at your side to protect your rights and fight for the settlement that you are entitled to. For more information, schedule a consultation now with a lawyer like one from Enten Law.
Car Accident Lawyer in Denver, CO
When you are in need of a skilled car accident lawyer, a lawyer in the Denver, CO area, don’t wait to talk to a lawyer from The Law Offices of Cliff Enten. With years of legal experience, they have provided excellent results for their clients in many types of personal injury areas. They are knowledgeable about the tactics the other party will use to get the highest possible compensation amount. For more information set up an appointment with them now.
Car Accident Aftermath: FAQ
After you’ve suffered injuries in a motor vehicle collision, you may either have a million questions to ask our Denver, CO car accident lawyer team or you may feel unsure of where to start. Both responses to the overwhelming nature of your situation are completely normal. Please just know that however you’re processing the trauma you’ve just experienced, the dedicated legal professionals at the Law Offices of Cliff Enten are here to provide you with the assistance you need and with the respect and consideration you deserve.
As you prepare for your risk-free legal consultation, consider taking a few moments to review these answers to some of the questions that our Denver car accident lawyer team is asked most often by car crash injury victims. Hopefully, these answers will start to provide you with the clarity that you may be – very understandably – craving. With that said, we will be more than happy to elaborate on these issues during your consultation, as we’ll be able to personalize our feedback in re: your situation at that point in time.
Can I sue?
Generally speaking, car crash victims are in a strong position to sue if their injuries were caused by the actions or inactions of someone else. Meaning, if another driver, a manufacturer of defective auto parts, etc. directly contributed to the cause(s) of your harm because they were negligent, reckless, or acted in intentionally dangerous ways, you likely have a strong case to make. With that said, you’ll want to avoid making assumptions about your case until we’ve had a chance to review it.
Do I have to stay off of social media?
Although you don’t have to stay off of social media right now, you’ll want to be extremely careful to avoid posting anything that could imply that you are either 1) at fault for what happened to you or 2) not as hurt as you claim to be. Even a photo of you holding a baby could be used by an insurance professional or another lawyer to undermine the strength of your claim.
Can I file a lawsuit if I’m claiming workers’ comp benefits?
If you’re filing workers’ compensation benefits, you can still file a fault-based lawsuit against those responsible for your harm. The only notable exception to this broad rule is that you can’t sue your employer directly. By providing you with workers’ comp coverage, they are generally insulated from legal liability stemming from your work-related physical injuries.
Should I return the phone calls I keep getting?
If insurance companies, attorneys representing other parties involved in your crash, etc. are blowing up your phone, refer these callers to us. We can negotiate with them on your behalf and generally handle communications with them so that you can focus on healing.
What do I do now?
By scheduling a risk-free consultation with the Law Offices of Cliff Enten and exploring your legal rights, you’re placing yourself in the strongest possible position to make informed choices about your legal options. Once our Denver car accident lawyer team has reviewed your case details, we’ll provide you with our objective analysis concerning what you might benefit from doing next.
What damages can I recover?
If you were injured by another person, whether deliberately or unintentionally, you may have a valid case and can recover various damages. An accident lawyer will go over your situation and examine what you could be compensated for. Figuring out all of your damages can be a painstaking and lengthy process. A lawyer will do the task for you so that nothing is left out, and you can be compensated for everything that you are entitled to.
Do I have a case if I wasn’t physically hurt?
If you were not injured in an accident, you may still be able to recover compensation. It is common for accident victims to come out of an accident without suffering injuries. You may be concerned that you may not be qualified to file a claim, but don’t assume that you are. It is possible for you to have a valid case. You could suffer from psychological trauma as a result of the accident. A car accident lawyer will review damages such as pain and suffering, emotional distress, and other losses to build your case.
What should I say if the insurance company makes an offer?
It is likely that after an accident, the insurance company will try to give you an offer or a settlement. Many people believe that if they get an offer from an insurance company, it will be their only chance to get one. As a result, they immediately take the offer because they think they won’t receive a better offer. This is not true, because a lawyer can tell you there is still time to negotiate any offer they get. If you are offered a settlement, inform the insurance company that you will need to have a lawyer evaluate it first before you give them a response.
Schedule a risk-free consultation if you want to find out more about the legal services accessible to you from a trusted car accident lawyer in the Denver, CO region.
The Law Offices of Cliff Enten Denver Car Accident Lawyer
Denver Car Accident Lawyer Google Review
“I would recommend Cliff Enten to anyone that’s looking for a lawyer. He won my case and I was treated with much respect from him. Michele was also awesome she went above and beyond her duties for me. I felt they cared about me as a person and they fought for me without hesitation. Thank you both so much.” – Terry G.
Contact Our Denver Car Accident Attorneys
If you have been injured, contact the Law Offices of Cliff Enten — with offices in Denver, Colorado Springs and Fort Collins. Our car accident attorneys help victims of car wrecks get the compensation they deserve.
Car Accident Lawyer Denver, CO
As a car accident lawyer Denver, CO residents trust can confirm, many people get seriously injured in car accidents every year in Denver. From broken bones to traumatic brain injuries, car accidents often result in severe injuries that require immediate medical treatment. Unfortunately, most vehicle crashes result from driver error. Here are the most common causes of car accidents.
- Speeding. Whether it’s due to being late to work or just not paying attention, some motorists drive above the speed limit. No matter why they do it, speeding is very dangerous. If you drive faster than the posted speed limit, your reaction time is slower, so you won’t be able to respond quickly enough to hazards. For instance, if a car pulls out suddenly in front of your vehicle, you might not have enough time to stop.
- Making unsafe lane changes. It’s necessary for drivers to make lane changes sometimes. However, if they don’t do it safely, they risk getting into an accident. That’s why drivers should always make sure they have enough room to safely pass another vehicle and use the proper turn signals.
- Distracted driving. Driving a vehicle isn’t the most exciting task, especially if you’re doing it for a long time. Eventually drivers may get bored on the road and give into distractions, like responding to text messages or eating food. Unfortunately, as a Denver car accident lawyer can confirm, distracted driving is one of the most common causes of car accidents. When drivers don’t have their entire attention on the road, they may be able to react to hazards quickly enough.
- Poor maintenance. Drivers are responsible for maintaining and repairing their vehicles as necessary. Unfortunately however, not all of them do this. Poor car maintenance is another common cause of vehicle collisions. For example, if the brakes on a car are failing, the driver might not be able to stop in time and crash into another vehicle.
- Drunk driving. Despite all the warnings about drunk driving, some people still get behind the wheel intoxicated. Driving while drunk can lower your reaction time and affect your judgment, which can result in an accident.
- Tailgating. Even if the vehicle in front of you is traveling very slowly, you should never be too close behind it. If the vehicle stops suddenly, you may not have enough room to come to a full stop and rear-end that vehicle. Maintain a safe distance from the vehicle in front of you at all times.
- Drowsy driving. Drowsy driving can be as dangerous as drunk driving. When drivers are running on little sleep, they may have trouble concentrating on the road ahead. They may even fall asleep behind the wheel. To avoid a collision, drivers should be fully rested before getting behind the wheel.
- Running yellow lights. When a light turns yellow at an intersection, drivers must decide quickly if they should go through the light or slow down. If they make the wrong decision, they could cause an accident.