Truck Accident Lawyer Denver, CO
If you were hurt in a truck accident, it’s time to contact a truck accident lawyer in Denver, CO. A truck collision can result in severe injuries and a long time off work, and you deserve to be compensated for that. The Law Offices of Cliff Enten can help you bring a lawsuit against the truck driver who hit you and other negligent parties.
Common Truck Accident Injuries
Commercial trucks are so much bigger and heavier than all other vehicles on the road. It’s easy to understand why they are more likely to cause catastrophic injuries in accidents. Here are some of the most common truck accident injuries.
- Traumatic brain injuries. Traumatic brain injuries are one of the most common and severe injuries people suffer during truck accidents. These injuries can have lasting complications and affect your memory, cognitive abilities and emotions. Symptoms of traumatic brain injuries include headaches, difficulty concentrating, dizziness and blurry vision.
- Spinal cord injuries. People involved in truck accidents may also suffer spinal cord injuries. The spinal cord delivers messages from the brain to the rest of the body. Therefore, if it gets damaged, your body can be negatively affected in many ways. In the most severe cases, these injuries can lead to paralysis.
- Burns. The impact of a truck collision can cause fire and explosion. As a result, those involved in the accident may suffer severe burns. Burns aren’t only severely painful, but they can cause infection and permanent disfigurement.
- Amputation. As a truck accident lawyer in Denver, CO can confirm, truck accidents can also result in amputation. If a person’s arm or leg is crushed from the collision, amputation is the only next option. If you suffered amputation, you may require adaptive devices, like prosthetics.
- Cuts. Compared to all the truck accident injuries, cuts might not seem like a big deal. However, they’re nothing to make light of. Whether you suffer a cut from shattered glass or metal, it can be very painful and increase your risk of infection. If the cut is deep enough, it can leave a permanent scar.
Truck Accidents May Have More Than One Liable Party
Unlike accidents involving only passenger vehicles, truck accidents can have more than one liable party. The truck driver is often not the only one who holds responsibility. For example, if your lawyer discovers that a trucking company didn’t provide the truck driver with proper training or forced him or her to work longer hours, the trucking company is considered negligent. Other liable parties may include the manufacturer and maintenance company.
Schedule a consultation with a truck accident lawyer in Denver, CO today.